The Packers kicked off the 2010 season today with a rough win in Philly against the Eagles. I say rough because it was a hard fought win in tough conditions. Also the Packers offense looked sloppy and so did Aaron Rodgers who threw two interceptions. Rodgers first pick was a very bad decision. He tried to force it into Jermichaell Finley who was being double covered. The ball was tipped into the air and eventually picked off. His second pick, was probably due to the wet ball. It started to rain half way through the second quarter and the balls became slippery. It affected Rodgers on a third down when he had Donald Driver open, but threw it way over his head for the pick. Besides that the offense played ok, putting up 27 points. Starting running back Ryan Grant had a tough start, but in the second quarter he started to pick it up. After he reeled off a 18 yard run, Ryan got tackled by his ankle and he came up hobbling. He hopped into the locker room on one foot and would not return.
The Packers defense played pretty well. They got pressure on Kevin Kolb early and forced him into bad throws. On one play Clay Matthews (who finished with two sacks and a forced fumble) got to Kolb and threw him to the ground hard. Kolb looked to be shaken up and came off the field. It turns out Kevin had a concussion and did not play in the second half. Michael Vick came into the game and looked like his old self when he played with the Falcons. Vick was running well and throwing well and brought the Eagles back within 7 points but could not put together a game tying drive late in the fourth. All in all the Packers didn’t look great, but it is tough winning on the road in this league especially in Philadelphia. Look for the Aaron Rodgers and co. to play a lot better next week in their home opener against the Bills.
- RT @Dodgers: One of our followers to retweet this tweet will win a baseball signed by Clayton #Kershaw: http://t.co/QstP9aoGqY 4 years ago
- @Deadspin longhorn network knows grammar... http://t.co/WdisHsk5mk 4 years ago
- Davante Adams looks like a cross between a James jones, Michael Crabtree, and Dez Bryant. NFC north got another gb threat to deal with. 4 years ago
- @nfl what would expanded playoffs look like ? #AskCommish 4 years ago
- RT @AaronRodgers12: 9 years ago the G & G took a chance on a 21 year old kid from Cali. It's been an amazing run, looking forward to more m… 4 years ago