After getting off to a 14-17 start the Los Angeles Dodgers are getting on track. They are riding a nine game streak going into tonights game against the Padres. On this streak the Dodgers pitching has been nothing short of amazing. There was some questions about this pitching staff in the beginning of the year but after these nine games the Dodgers fans are happy with what they see. Over the nine game span the dodgers pitching staff has not given up more than three runs per game. That’s getting it done. The hitting isn’t doing amazing but doing just enough to win ballgames. Rookie John Ely has really stepped it up ever since he was called up due to Charley Hager’s injury.. He has a record of 2-1 with a 3.51 ERA. But the most amazing stat of all is John hasn’t given up a walk in 25 2/3 innings! Amazingly the Dodgers acquired this young stud in the Juan Pierre trade with the White Sox. Who would of thought that he would be making such an impact in 2010? I certainly didn’t, but I do know that this 24 year old has got some skills. Even without there star player Andre Either the Dodgers are managing to win games. Either was doing it all before he went on the DL yesterday. This just means the guys like Manny, and Matt Kemp are going to have to step it up in his absence. Also the Rafael Furcal getting back in the lineup will help out a lot. Hopefully he can make it back shortly and do what he does, which is get hits and play great defense. The Dodgers are doing it all and hope to continue the magic tonight against the NL West leaders. If the Dodgers sweep the Padres they will move into first in the division and show that they dominate the Padres. Hopefully the pitching will continue to do work, and look for the Dodgers to make some noise in the end of May.
- RT @Dodgers: One of our followers to retweet this tweet will win a baseball signed by Clayton #Kershaw: http://t.co/QstP9aoGqY 4 years ago
- @Deadspin longhorn network knows grammar... http://t.co/WdisHsk5mk 4 years ago
- Davante Adams looks like a cross between a James jones, Michael Crabtree, and Dez Bryant. NFC north got another gb threat to deal with. 4 years ago
- @nfl what would expanded playoffs look like ? #AskCommish 4 years ago
- RT @AaronRodgers12: 9 years ago the G & G took a chance on a 21 year old kid from Cali. It's been an amazing run, looking forward to more m… 4 years ago